Sunday, November 9, 2008

Me and my big mouth...

"Starting next week, hopefully, I'll begin putting up chapters..."

On a cosmic level, it was really funny that I typed that. Let's see, it's been....about two months. Yeah, so much for "next week." The day after I posted that previous blog entry, my computer imploded. Which effectively cut off my work flow. There's not really much else to say about it, complaining about it won't give me the time back. The good news is, that I got a much better computer that is much more useful in every way, well...except for the various Vista problems.

Anyway. After the initial fear that all my work had been destroyed(it wasn't), I was pretty peeved off about being computerless. Not just for all the daily uses like communication and getting news and such, I actually don't mind being disconnected from the grid, as it were. What really bothered me was that my motivation was completely derailed.

For myself, and many others I imagine, getting started is the hardest part of...well anything, if you ask me. Even after I got a new computer, I still had a hard time getting back on the horse. It just becomes so easy to allow yourself to be distracted by the rest of your life. I've heard people say that they write, draw, play music, etc. to escape from the stresses of life. But I can't say that I feel the same way. It's actually the opposite for me. I write to work out my problems and stresses, so that I can deal with them(or not deal with them, in some cases). Which, I think is why it's so easy for me to get distracted. I mean, really, who ever wants to face their problems. Not I. It's much easier to play video games and read books and so on.

Regardless, this is kind of a dumb post. What I'm saying is I've got my shit together and am going to start posting chapters of Real Life/Real Death, immediately. Like, as soon as I get done typing up this little explanation.

Oh, and to steal a line from "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" when I say, "Dad, sorry I said "fuck" so much."

No comments: