Sunday, January 4, 2009

Well, it's a new year.

Well the holidays are gone and with them my seasonal depression. I'm not one for making New Years resolutions, I mean, I'm practically perfect in every way. So, no, there's nothing I need to change about myself. But I did make a list of things I need to do this year.

1. Play more gigs. I like playing music, and I always want to do more. There's really not much more to say about this one.

2. Organize my comics. This is a tough one. I buy lots of comics, but I've really gotten away from "collecting" comics, as it were. For me, bags and boards are just an extra expense. So the comics have just been piling up in the spare room, as you can see in the picture. But more than anything, this conflicts with the organizational OCD part of me, so I'm going to have to suck it up and get it all straightened out. Oh, I certainly do take care of my extra great comics, the comics that aren't going to show up in trades anytime soon, like Kyle Baker's Plastic Man, or those extra special comics that just plain deserve preservation, like Rex Libris or Planetary, but on the whole, the average Bendis Marvel comic isn't worth the expense. Also, I've been making the shift toward trade paperback reading. I'll always buy single issues as long as they're being published. Books like Criminal and Cassanova are always going to be on my pull list. But for the most part, if Marvel(and anyone else for that matter) is going to organize their books for trade paperbacks(not just the writing but with the art too) then that's how I'm going to buy them. This also helps me be more selective about what I buy. I'm definitely going to break myself of the "well, I'm 8 issues in, I might as well stick it out for the remaining 4" mentality that had a stranglehold on me.

3. Clean the out the junk closet. No picture for this one, suffice it to say, it's time to get rid of all those old toy backboards, collectible card games, and spare cd cases.

4. Get published. This is a really easy one, since I am secretly including "on the internet" after the "get published" part. Hahahaha. I'm pretty excited for the following year, as I am nearly ready to launch a webcomic. This one also includes the supplemental 4.5. Write more. I actually surprised by the amount that I actually have written in the last year, but it's never enough.

5. Fix the toilet. Yeah, I been meaning to get to that for a while now.....

No comments: