Monday, April 11, 2011

According to Plan

It's frustrating when things don't go "according to plan" but it's something we all frequently experience in our lives. The realization that we have no control over the chaos of the cosmos much less over a few aspects of our daily lives is huge blow to the ego, but it's a part of life.

It's also a part of collaborations of all kinds. Weather it be working relationships, social relationships, or forced relationships, you sacrifice control when you begin to rely on other people. That's what being a community is all about. Any person who has complete control over every aspect of their lives is alone in a solitary existence. And sometimes, that solitary existence looks awfully tantalizing after putting up with the various frustrations of losing control or being let down.

When feeling frustration over the inability to control the chaos around you, it's important not to lose control of the things that are within you. And when I feel that sensation, that despair and frustration, I step back from it all. I try to view the events of my life in the third person, as a sequence of events that are going to happen regardless of whether or not I am in complete control, and I say to myself three simple words:

So It Goes.

Thank you, Kurt.

No comments: